#RunStreak

One day I’ll write about something other than running. Today is not that day.

The start of 2012 was particularly exciting for my brother and I because it meant we could finally stop a healthy habit—running.

The two of us had been running (and tweet recapping) for 39 consecutive days and lemme just say, there’s glory in a rest day. It was also pretty fantastic to wobble to the dessert counter at home more times than I’ll ever admit to because runners need extra calories, you know.

Both of us tweeted through the process. Here are my favorite mid-streak remarks and my favorite remarks from my 78-mile-running, double-PR-setting brother:


Nov. 29
7 = the amount of times one must run around a Red Roof Inn in Toledo, Ohio to clock a mile.


Nov. 30
2.2 miles Run Streak day 7. Didn't feel amazing and saw too many dead animals.






Nov. 30
At the coolest 5k ever- run through a parkway w Xmas light display. All runners get glow sticks.



Dec. 3
Did 3 early this morning. Ran past a factory that smelled like fart. Left calf a bit tight from all the runnin'.



Dec. 5
I think that was the fastest mile I've ever ran in my life. Middle school included.




Dec. 7
Day 14 of the Run Streak. Furthest I've ran since the 10K Turkey Trot. 5K in 29:07. I've been waiting to break 30 for a long time!


Dec. 16
Day 23 of the Run Streak has taught me that night runs are only fun in the summer. BURR. 2.12 miles in 20 minutes. Impressed myself again!


Dec. 18
Recorded my best mile time 8:51



Dec. 22
Things I smelled on my run: vomit, horse poop and fish.


Dec. 22
ran in shorts and a t-shirt... at 6pm.. in Michigan.. on December 22nd.



Dec. 31
Day 38 of the Run Streak. Ran a 5k race with great results! Broke 30 min! Official time of 29:26. Beat my old best time by over 2 min!



Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025