Nance Lantz

On my drive home for Thanksgiving one year I extended my trip to spend a pre-holiday weekend with my good pal, Kendal. I was looking forward to quality giggle time and picking up the witty discourse I love her so much for—but when I gave her a call 45-minutes away from her house, she picked up the phone in tears. My trip was perfectly timed in the worst way; that morning she broke off her relationship with new boyfriend, Rob, and needed a weekend with a good friend more than ever.

The next day we wandered to a paint-your-own-pottery place to craft and chat our hearts out. Mid-decorating on her empty ceramic bowl, Kendal started to tear up again. It was obvious my pal was more upset than your average newly single girl. Rob was very certain of their relationship already; she was just starting to open up and his confidence overwhelmed her.

Listen, who knows who his “Nance” really is, I told her as we embarked on our third hour of pottery painting—hypothetically speaking of Rob Lantz’s wife as ‘Nance’, of course. Maybe she wasn’t Nance at all, and maybe she was and didn’t know it yet. Although Rob was expressing his assurance in her, she needed time to explore her feelings.

Soon after I left Kendal, she restarted her relationship with Rob at a slow and steady pace. What Rob knew all along (smart fellah), Kendal needed to discover for herself. It’s been over a year since that particular visit and since then Kendal has seemed happier and more peaceful every time we’ve chatted. We undoubtedly change as we welcome new chapters and new people into our lives and her change has been beautiful. Kendal—I’m so happy you’ve uncovered your inner Nance; here’s to a happy, healthy, peaceful and witty future with Rob.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025