My Snow Globe
I typically lead a pretty quiet, non-dramatic life. I go to work, I run and I try to read a few pages of a book before bed. I try to do good to others. I’m happy if at the end of the week my kitchen is clean and my DVR is moderately full. My town is quiet and so is my life.
Recently though, I feel like the universe is shaking my life’s snow globe. Tremendously good, shockingly sad and mega confusing news has all come my way within the last few weeks, and I’m trying to sort through it all.
A lot of it is out of my control and it very much makes me feel like I’m a little plastic figurine in a scenic globe where the snow is feverishly fluttering around me. I think I had gotten blissfully used to the flakes sitting gently on the ground—only moving slightly here and there.
It’s ok, I know. Sometimes it’ll snow and sometimes it won’t; sometimes flurries will last for days and other times it will seem like it never will snow again. I’m just crossing my plastic figurine fingers that the tiny plastic flakes flying around me settle soon.
Recently though, I feel like the universe is shaking my life’s snow globe. Tremendously good, shockingly sad and mega confusing news has all come my way within the last few weeks, and I’m trying to sort through it all.
A lot of it is out of my control and it very much makes me feel like I’m a little plastic figurine in a scenic globe where the snow is feverishly fluttering around me. I think I had gotten blissfully used to the flakes sitting gently on the ground—only moving slightly here and there.
It’s ok, I know. Sometimes it’ll snow and sometimes it won’t; sometimes flurries will last for days and other times it will seem like it never will snow again. I’m just crossing my plastic figurine fingers that the tiny plastic flakes flying around me settle soon.