1.28.12

You know what feels good? Full weekends. I mean full, busy-in-a-good-way, weekends. Like this weekend—packed with of good food, good laughs, deep sleeping, outdoor adventures and crisp winter running. Perfection.

Friday night I took B out for a swanky dinner (actually, our mutual casino winnings took us out for dinner. Thanks Sands!) then he took me to a show. One of my "food rules" is that I won't pay for something I can cook better myself. I mean that in the least pretentious way possible; I say no to soggy broccoli and over-cooked pasta from Applebee's, but yes to the always-perfectly cut quadruple stacked BLTs from the diner off Airport Road. I'd love to learn how to cook an applewood bacon wrapped filet of salmon, and how to make lemon beurre blanc sauce. Yum, courtesy of Porter's Pub. 


Taking pictures of food at a restaurant: still just as
embarrassing as when my grandpa did it during a
family dinner at Bucca De Beppo.
But by far better than dinner was watching Jim Gaffigan perform at the State Theater in Easton. From jokes about the 'bonus fry' hiding at the bottom of a McDonnald's bag and explaining to your personal trainer your exercise goals are to eat more without getting fat, his show was hilariously honest and the crowd was cracking up the entire time. See for yourself. Really, who DOESN'T love bacon:



Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025