Dumb Packing
Last week was a week of first for me at my internship. I pitched, researched and wrote my first story, and the video I was in went live. Although I'm a terrible actress, I love video shoot day. I still haven't seen it; I'm saving it for the possibility of a Dana movie marathon so I can suffer through all of my pitiful acting at once over a pint of ice cream with family and friends.
The internship, company and people are all still fabulous. I used the company gym for the first time last week and had a nice run while watching a geriatrics aerobic class lift two pound weights and practice arm reaches. The cafeteria is also awesome; everything is healthy, organic and reasonably priced. Even on a desperate hunt for chocolate the worst damage I could do was a pack of mini organic dark chocolate peppermint cups. This is good considering the mass bodily destruction I have planned for Hershey Park in the near future.
Coaching is also going well. Thankfully both my bosses are very flexible so I'm able to be at the pool when I need to and can adjust my coaching hours to be at the office for every meeting/filming. The kids are hilarious; I was challenged to a race by a very confident seven-year-old on my first day. The pool isn't heated, however, which means I probably won't have to drink as much coffee because jumping into 65 degree water at 10am is enough of a wake up call.
Unfortunately it's going to be a rainy weekend here again. We've had rain, storms, hail or heavy clouds almost every day since I've been here. Apparently Pennsylvania is not very excited to have me. I'd love to get back out on my bike but I think I'm going to take this nasty weather as an opportunity to do some indoor exploring instead. I'll keep you in suspense for now but stay tuned for photos and stories of my weekend adventures.
The internship, company and people are all still fabulous. I used the company gym for the first time last week and had a nice run while watching a geriatrics aerobic class lift two pound weights and practice arm reaches. The cafeteria is also awesome; everything is healthy, organic and reasonably priced. Even on a desperate hunt for chocolate the worst damage I could do was a pack of mini organic dark chocolate peppermint cups. This is good considering the mass bodily destruction I have planned for Hershey Park in the near future.
Coaching is also going well. Thankfully both my bosses are very flexible so I'm able to be at the pool when I need to and can adjust my coaching hours to be at the office for every meeting/filming. The kids are hilarious; I was challenged to a race by a very confident seven-year-old on my first day. The pool isn't heated, however, which means I probably won't have to drink as much coffee because jumping into 65 degree water at 10am is enough of a wake up call.
Unfortunately it's going to be a rainy weekend here again. We've had rain, storms, hail or heavy clouds almost every day since I've been here. Apparently Pennsylvania is not very excited to have me. I'd love to get back out on my bike but I think I'm going to take this nasty weather as an opportunity to do some indoor exploring instead. I'll keep you in suspense for now but stay tuned for photos and stories of my weekend adventures.