I Promise I'm Not Dead
Greetings from the Keystone State!I'm currently without internet at my apartment—which is on par in lack of communication as with falling 50 feet down a dark storm drain in a busy city where no one can hear my cries.
I've had a great week out here, despite rain almost every single day. The view from just about anywhere is incredible anyway. I live in the heart of a really cute city built right into the Appalachian Mountains.
Basically I haven't been able to pick my jaw up off the ground since I've been here. When it rains, a thick layer of fog and steam come up from the valleys and it looks like this mountainous bowl is full of skim milk—which is just as incredible as sunny skies.
I'm having a great time out here despite knowing fewer people than I can count on my hands. I live with two other people who are both very nice and friendly, which makes coming home to an otherwise unfamiliar house more enjoyable.
I really really really like my internship. I work in an awesome building with art and statues everywhere, very helpful and nice people and plenty to keep me occupied. I actually starred in a video about camping that will accompany a story on the website next week. My acting is most likely embarrassing; so I'll be sure to post the link here when it comes out.
There are three pizza joints every block, way too many salons and tons of beautiful old stone homes and buildings at every corner. Oh, also my apartment is right across from Lehigh University which is practically opposite from my school in every way.
I'm looking forward to next week; Monday I have an intern seminar and then a swim meet to coach for the team I'm working with. On Wednesday I organized a lunch with the other interns in the area in hopes of making some friends! I'm looking forward to wandering around the area a bit more and becoming more comfortable out here.
Shout out to my family and friends who have been super supportive of this crazy adventure of mine. I'm not sure I knew exactly what I was getting myself into, but I get lots of phone calls and text messages from the flat lands out west that make me feel right at home again. Miss everyone lots!
Double shout out to Man of E, for he is officially 18 today! Hope you have a great day (even though you're working) spending all of your hard earned money on enough of lotto tickets to swim in!