Honey, I'm Home!
My team won!
The first time they have won a duel meet in more than seven years was tonight. The kids were ECSTATIC and rightfully so! There was mass amounts of screaming and some tears of joy among the older girls who had been waiting since they were 8 & undies to see this happen again. Everyone ended up jumping in the pool at the end of the meet. We (me and the other coach) let the kids push us in, which is always 20 times more exciting for the kids then it really should be.
Afterward, the team always goes out for ice cream but it was a mass celebration this time
around. I drove one of the older girls there so someone could navigate this foreign area for me.
But really though, it was kind of a marking moment for me out here. A lot of the younger kids have warmed up to me already at their own pace but it's much more difficult to gain some common ground with high schoolers. It's pretty great to feel accepted among a group of people who have no idea who you are, let alone know of Better Made potato chips.
Anyway, we took up half of the restaurant and caused mass chaos for the high school waitresses. By the time everyone had ice cream in front of them I had already clocked in a 13 hour day. I got home around 11:30, slightly later than expected, but I couldn't have spent my night any better.
The first time they have won a duel meet in more than seven years was tonight. The kids were ECSTATIC and rightfully so! There was mass amounts of screaming and some tears of joy among the older girls who had been waiting since they were 8 & undies to see this happen again. Everyone ended up jumping in the pool at the end of the meet. We (me and the other coach) let the kids push us in, which is always 20 times more exciting for the kids then it really should be.
Afterward, the team always goes out for ice cream but it was a mass celebration this time
around. I drove one of the older girls there so someone could navigate this foreign area for me. But really though, it was kind of a marking moment for me out here. A lot of the younger kids have warmed up to me already at their own pace but it's much more difficult to gain some common ground with high schoolers. It's pretty great to feel accepted among a group of people who have no idea who you are, let alone know of Better Made potato chips.
Anyway, we took up half of the restaurant and caused mass chaos for the high school waitresses. By the time everyone had ice cream in front of them I had already clocked in a 13 hour day. I got home around 11:30, slightly later than expected, but I couldn't have spent my night any better.