Busy Busy
Today is the first day this week I've been home before the sunset, yay! I've been very busy this week with coaching, interning and swim meets. It's been a lot of fun but extremely tiring. Thankfully a beautiful FedEx package filled with melty, minty brownie goodness shipped from the cooking goddess of Michigan to my work desk, making me an intensely happy girl.
My team has swam three meets and not yet won, but the kids are showing some technical improvement which makes me happy. On Monday I stupidly challenged one of the better 9-year-old boys to a 25 fly no-breather and had to buy him a candy bar for it. Today I raced a 7-year-old who had been talking trash since he met me about how fast he is. He "beat" me and was so incredibly excited about it he ran around the pool to tell everyone. Tomorrow is our third meet of the week and afterward I'm anticipating a collapse into an intense coma that involves waking up in a queen sized pool of my own drool.
Interning is still great. I'm gaining more trust among my department which keeps me busy throughout the day. I finished two articles for the company this week and helped with two more that I'll get a double byline in. We're prepping for a short work week with the 4th of July next week and getting holiday related stories ready. In two weeks, we're having an out of office team event at Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino in my town. I.am.so.excited.it's.not.even.funny. I have to imagine I will spend a greater amount of time staring off to the kitchen in hopes of seeing the Bam Master himself.
We've had a beautiful few days out here which has been a welcome surprise to everyone. I'm hoping the nice weather will hold out through the weekend so I can enjoy it more. I told my sister on the phone tonight that I hope to shoot some short video with my camera and post it here soon to give a better idea of just how breathtaking is it out here. My pictures don't do it justice. I'm working on an experimental project for my dad to see how long it takes for people new to an environment start taking the change in landscape for granted. I'm happy to report after two weeks and two days, I still drive to work every morning checking all my mirrors consistently to take in the mountains.
Next on my things I must do list: Visit the Yesterdog of eastern Pennsylvania, Yocco's. A full comparison report on the two hot dog places too come.
My team has swam three meets and not yet won, but the kids are showing some technical improvement which makes me happy. On Monday I stupidly challenged one of the better 9-year-old boys to a 25 fly no-breather and had to buy him a candy bar for it. Today I raced a 7-year-old who had been talking trash since he met me about how fast he is. He "beat" me and was so incredibly excited about it he ran around the pool to tell everyone. Tomorrow is our third meet of the week and afterward I'm anticipating a collapse into an intense coma that involves waking up in a queen sized pool of my own drool.
Interning is still great. I'm gaining more trust among my department which keeps me busy throughout the day. I finished two articles for the company this week and helped with two more that I'll get a double byline in. We're prepping for a short work week with the 4th of July next week and getting holiday related stories ready. In two weeks, we're having an out of office team event at Emeril's Chop House at the Sands Casino in my town. I.am.so.excited.it's.not.even.funny. I have to imagine I will spend a greater amount of time staring off to the kitchen in hopes of seeing the Bam Master himself.
We've had a beautiful few days out here which has been a welcome surprise to everyone. I'm hoping the nice weather will hold out through the weekend so I can enjoy it more. I told my sister on the phone tonight that I hope to shoot some short video with my camera and post it here soon to give a better idea of just how breathtaking is it out here. My pictures don't do it justice. I'm working on an experimental project for my dad to see how long it takes for people new to an environment start taking the change in landscape for granted. I'm happy to report after two weeks and two days, I still drive to work every morning checking all my mirrors consistently to take in the mountains.Next on my things I must do list: Visit the Yesterdog of eastern Pennsylvania, Yocco's. A full comparison report on the two hot dog places too come.