Victory!!!

My fellow blog readers.

Tonight I can declare that we’ve done it. The people spoke their minds, spoke what was on their hearts, and they did it with their vote.

They did not let Linda’s angry Facebook comment silence them. They did not let 3ft of snow stop them from driving by to deliver ballots into my mailbox even though they could have also voted using the Google form I set up. They stood up and said YES. We want new neighborhood entry signs!

This election was won with honesty.

Well, I tallied it with honesty.

I collected all the votes into a centralized system and cleaned up the data ensuring each household voted once and ensuring each vote was in fact from a neighbor (sorry, Nunya Business).

In the end 63.2% of the respondents in the neighborhood voted for new signs.

And so we have an even greater responsibility ahead of us now. A responsibility to lead this effort forward in the best interest of the entire neighborhood. A duty to create something even better than what we have.

I am ready for this task, and you 63.2% plus 4.4% who voted “indifferent”, have stood strongly with me saying you’re ready too.

For the 32% who don’t want the sign changed; for Linda herself--I hear you. I respect you. And I hope that you find a new design to vote on in our next election that makes you smile just a little when you turn into our neighborhood after running errands all day.

Today the people voted for new beginnings. Tomorrow (well… soon-ish but not exactly tomorrow) they’ll vote on new sign designs. And hopefully they’ll contribute some money to pay for this.

Greatness was achieved today. And greatness is in store for us tomorrow.

Thank you and God bless the neighborhood.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025