It Really Tied The Room Together

Remember all the rug scenes from The Big Lebowski?

It's nearly impossible to explain quickly if you haven't seen the movie, but I'll do a terrible job trying anyway: a loser of a man (The Big Lebowski/The Dude) has an area rug he loves which is peed on by a home invader who accidentally invaded his home instead of a different man named Lebowski he was suppose to target. The majority of the movie is about the Big Lebowski seeking justice for his peed upon rug.

In a strange twist of events I've found myself running parallel to this thread of the movie: I have a brand new rug I love, and there's a quite real risk it's going to be peed on.  

This rug is the third iteration to lay in our living room in three years. For a series of just really stupid reasons the two before this one were wrong (despite keeping one for two years!) and I ended up returning one and selling the other to land on this, the Rug Of Perfection. 



And now, just days after its arrival, we've begun to potty train our almost-3-year-old. So just like The Dude, I could certainly find myself despondent from a peed upon rug.

Let's hope we're more successful than that, because honestly, this rug really does tie the room together. 

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025