Cooking In Quarantine: Greek Chicken Bowls

There are a couple things I know will remind me of this weird quarantine time once this is all over: yellow tulips (which I buy when I can since we’re spending enough time indoors to warrant admiration of fresh flowers), the soundtrack of Frozen (insert tired sigh here) and Greek chicken bowls.

This is hardly a recipe, much more an assembly. Here’s how I build these lunch-time bowls I absolutely can not get enough of:

Step 1: The Base
Brown rice/quinoa, lettuce, chicken

Step 1.5: Very, very, very lightly dress it
Olive oil + lemon balsamic vinegar (could just be regular balsamic but I have fancy stuff!) + salt + pepper

Step 2: Veggies
Chopped cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, pickled onions (https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/quick-pickled-onions), yeah baby, I said pickled onions.

Step 3: Blops of yum
Feta cheese + a blop of hummus + a blop of homemade tzatziki sauce

Yes, it’s a lot of ingredients. It’s not a great recipe for life out of quarantine because you need time on your hands to prep, time on your hands for daily assembly and multiple meals in a row you’re going to be eating from home to use up all this stuff.

But man, if this doesn’t feel like I’m at one of my fave local restaurants crunching on something super delicious, I don’t know what does.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025