RIP Terrarium

Remember this guy? Welp, he's dead.

Four months is a short amount of time to kill the lowest maintenance of plants, you might be thinking. You'd be incorrect thoughmy terrarium was only alive for two months give or take. Sigh. When it comes to plants, it's a wonder how I even keep myself alive.

To be fair, there were several things wrong with this project:
  1. The original container shape was not ideal. There were about seven inches of charcoal and soil; meaning it took a long time for water to saturate the soil and reach the surface, which in turn meant I watered the crap out of those poor succulents. 
  2. I disregarded my brown-thumb track record.
Color me stupid, but I'm trying again. One of the four succulents from this graveyard is miraculously still alive and now living in a shallow dish with some new roommates on a nearby bookshelf. The old container? He's working out just fine for his foliage... of the fabric variety.


Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025