Chickpea, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

After hearing Jill talk about going flexitarian, I felt all sorts of inspired to craft up my own healthy meatless meals. I specify “healthy” because chocolate dipped, peanut butter stuffed pretzels are indeed meatless, but do not count as dinner. Did you hear that, self?

I didn’t come up with this salad myself; I stumbled upon it on another blog (a blog that shall not be linked to because it may or may not be a mommy blog I’m terribly embarrassed to admit I read and am currently trying to quit).

None the less, this salad already existed in some form, but it needed a little help from yours truly to take it to the next level. Thus, I claim this version as my own. It’s stupid easy to make and since it’s a no-cook, no-heat meal, I anticipate diving head first into it when temps in my third floor non-air conditioned apartment hover at 90⁰ all summer long.

Chickpea, Tomato and Mozzarella Salad

1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
A handful of cherry tomatoes
A handful of mini mozzarella balls*
1 small red bell pepper
2 green onions
A buncha cilantro
Olive oil
Salt and pepper

1. Cut the tomatoes into fourths
2. Dice the red bell pepper
3. Dice the green onion
4. Chop the cilantro
5. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss with a little olive oil, salt and pepper

* My local (read: non-swanky) grocery store didn’t have mini moz balls, so I just bought a big ol’ chunk of cheese and diced it up.

This is mos def as tasty as it is pretty. I pinky swear.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025