Hair Do's and Hair Dont’s: Louise's Waterfall Braid
I’ve been in a hair slump. Scratch that, I live in a hair slump. I usually go curly or pull it up and forget about it. I just don’t want to deal; but I want to look cute, too. There’s no middle ground.
However, this, I can get on board with. I posted before about how a front braid saves me from looking too lazy; but that look is so 2009. The waterfall braid is so awesome it’s pretty much 2012—like when car companies release their fancy new models before the calendar year turns; this braid is that awesome.
This braid is all over the Pintrest circuit, and all over Louise too. She sent me a video tutorial and ever so graciously modeled the look with a hair review mah blog.
Several reasons why I like this braid—if done correctly*:
*Oops, I pulled some chucks weirdly.
1. I have done it with straight hair. It just looks beauteous.
2. It looks cute with curly hair because the natural curl of the parts of hair that waterfall out of the braid.
3. It looks cool with your hair pulled back (looking cute while you work out...WHAT?!)
4. Works as a fancy or casual look.
5. It's suuuuper easy and quick.
The end.
- Louise
That’s super with 4 u’s. FOUR. Not convinced? Watch this strange lady (who appears to be dressed in her bed spread fabric) do it.
Now, go get yo braid on. Except don’t braid your hair upside down. It makes you look like a dinosaur, and not in a good way.
However, this, I can get on board with. I posted before about how a front braid saves me from looking too lazy; but that look is so 2009. The waterfall braid is so awesome it’s pretty much 2012—like when car companies release their fancy new models before the calendar year turns; this braid is that awesome.
This braid is all over the Pintrest circuit, and all over Louise too. She sent me a video tutorial and ever so graciously modeled the look with a hair review mah blog.
![]() |
| Red hair. Get it, Louise. |
*Oops, I pulled some chucks weirdly.
1. I have done it with straight hair. It just looks beauteous.
2. It looks cute with curly hair because the natural curl of the parts of hair that waterfall out of the braid.
3. It looks cool with your hair pulled back (looking cute while you work out...WHAT?!)
4. Works as a fancy or casual look.
5. It's suuuuper easy and quick.
The end.
- Louise
That’s super with 4 u’s. FOUR. Not convinced? Watch this strange lady (who appears to be dressed in her bed spread fabric) do it.

