Hair Do's and Hair Dont’s: Front Braid Pony Tail

Dear Dana,

Don’t wear your hair in a messy bun 3 days in a row. It screams I-was-still-drooling-on-my-pillow-15-minutes-ago. Do fake a stylish up-do. Also, throw some blush on your cheeks; you still look like you’re sleeping!

This style is old, but I don't care. It's my blog and I'll be late to the game if I want to.

Front Braid Pony Tail
This works best for me if I don’t shower. Don’t shower you say? I can sleep for another 10 minutes! It also works for almost any hair length, I swear!

Example on moi to your left.



1. My hair is wavy and thin. Kind of like a bird’s nest. I can assure you in the morning, a pigeon wouldn’t know the difference either. I throw a light coat of hairspray over all of it just to put a grip on it and make it easier to work with.

2. Starting from my natural part, I French braid my bangs + some extra strands down to my ear (sometimes too many extra strands as you can see). This is messy, it’s totally meant to be. Bobby pin it at your ear and be done with it.

3. I toss the rest back into a loose, bumpy ponytail. I stick a few pins in where my hair is too short and doesn’t fit up, but mostly I don’t put a whole lot of effort into it.

4. S’more hairspray. Just because, my biggest fear in life is my braid falling out in the middle of the day.

Also a quick and fun weekend look or, if heaven forbid, you care what you look like when you workout, this up do will keep everything off your face/neck and out of your way.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025