Right Now

It’s fall as far as I’m concerned.

Temps have dropped, it’s dark out when I wake up and my husband is talking about football again.

If you were a fly on my wall (perhaps like the actual one that got in from the garage, ack!) you’d see my happily scampering over to a new season.

I’ve plugged in my two inside self timer lamps again. Now the house has some light in the morning and again at night when it gets dark. It’s a little something to combat the oncoming darkness.

Also can I tell you about Crockpot chicken enchiladas? I made these once and they’ll definitely be in rotation for a while. Here’s how I made them:

In a Crockpot put about a pound of chicken breasts and enough jarred salsa to let them bathe but not submerge in. Cook on low for 7.5 hours. Once chicken is cooked, it should shred like a breeze.

That, plus shredded cheese is a fast filling for chicken enchiladas. Roll ‘em up in tortillas, snuggle them in a baking pan, top with canned enchilada sauce and more cheese and bake at 375ºF for 12-15 min.

I made a few enchiladas and froze the rest of the pulled chicken and enchilada sauce in their own freezer bags. The next time I make this it’ll be even easier.

Beyond that, and the new way I learned how to put on blush (think toward your temples, not circled round your cheeks), things are good here. Let’s march forward, sweaters on, to cozy season.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025