Fam of 4 Annual Trip

Ok, let’s look on the bright side of our annual family-of-four weekend away first:
  1. A rainy forecast which let up and brought us to a hands-on kids museum which truly rocked
  2. The little boys bunked up in the same room marvelously
  3. New playgrounds and shops; plus introducing someone to Oreos at a bonfire
But to be honest our Labor Day weekend away in Manistee was riddled with chaos. Accidental spilled drinks and shattered little maple leaf jars of farmer’s market maple syrup. Winds so strong we couldn’t play at the sandy beach. A first splinter. A family bout of food poisoning.

Still I know the boys had fun. And in the midst of it all, including a fall on the playground, the little one waddled over to give the big one a hug; which warmed the big one’s heart so much he ran over and hugged the little one again. I’d go through the whole weekend again for that sweet moment.

I suppose you can’t win them all. It feels good to be home.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025