Our Third House-A-Versary
Three years ago today we took possession of this lovely little home. My, how far its come in our hands.
(Here’s the news of our new home, year 1 and year 2.)
Big house projects this year included:
- A bathroom nook cut-out (Feb. 2020)
- Deck refinishing (June 2020)
- Front exterior projects (September 2020)
This year I spent a lot of time thinking about space efficiency. Our house is not big for four people (one who was added this year!), especially considering the main area we use every day is about 1,280 sq ft.
I like that we don’t have more space than we need and geeked out in determining how to use every inch of our home well. I spent a good amount of time reorganizing closets, cabinets and shelves. I also got smarter about home purchases, getting very critical about footprint and usage of everything we brought into our home.
This year, especially as we’ve spent so, so so much time inside, I’m thinking about how I can sharpen my homeowner skills. I want to learn more about how our humidifier, septic system, furnace and hot water heater work, and see if there are some efficiencies I can gain in caring for these better.
When we came home to this house for the first time the leaves on the trees across the street were all changing color. I remember sitting with my back against the wall on the furniture-less floor in what would become the playroom, looking out the window with so much peace.
I still love that view, and this house, just as much as when we first walked in.
