ArtPrize 9: Take 2
Ben had a VERY important Michigan/Michigan State game to attend on Saturday, so while he was away Cameron and I hung out with Bushi and Uncle E.
We mostly spent the weekend loving on Cameron, which is by far my favorite and most skilled hobby these days. We also went down to ArtPrize to scope out the top rated pieces.
Was there not as good of stuff this year? Or was the good stuff just not in the typical locations? I don’t know. I do know that in total I spent maybe five hours ArtPrizing so my recaps (http://dbur023.blogspot.com/2017/09/aunt-uncle-and-babys-first-artprize.html) are by no means comprehensive.
We did see the red dirt rug, a HUGE and incredibly intricate “rug” shaped and stamped from loose Oklahoma red dirt. This is loose dirt, and super fine. Isn’t it beautiful? I think, given the limited stuff I saw this year, this is my pick for best piece this year.
We mostly spent the weekend loving on Cameron, which is by far my favorite and most skilled hobby these days. We also went down to ArtPrize to scope out the top rated pieces.
Was there not as good of stuff this year? Or was the good stuff just not in the typical locations? I don’t know. I do know that in total I spent maybe five hours ArtPrizing so my recaps (http://dbur023.blogspot.com/2017/09/aunt-uncle-and-babys-first-artprize.html) are by no means comprehensive.
We did see the red dirt rug, a HUGE and incredibly intricate “rug” shaped and stamped from loose Oklahoma red dirt. This is loose dirt, and super fine. Isn’t it beautiful? I think, given the limited stuff I saw this year, this is my pick for best piece this year.
