We’re Doing it! We’re Doing It!
Today is Cameron’s two week birth day and our fifth day with him home.
Cameron is a mostly calm and content little boy. He sleeps for three to four hour stretches and feeds ferociously. Sometimes he gets in a fussy spell but he’s so dang cute even mid-sob it’s hard to get too angry at him.
Ben and I have settled into a good nighttime routine taking shifts “on duty”. Thanks to this snoozy babe we’re both managing to clock enough sleeping hours to function the next day.
Today was my first day home solo with him. Late last week that idea felt terrifying, but I feel more confident being this little guy’s mom with every day under my belt. Today, dare I say, felt empowering.
In theory newborn care is easy—feed, clean, burp, lay to nap, repeat. The challenge comes in decoding a big ugly cry or getting a bathroom/food break when you want one.
Ben and I look at each other often and say: “We’re doing it! We’re doing it!” We’re still pretty thrilled this little boy has joined our family. I think we can toss the receipt, we’ll keep him.
Cameron is a mostly calm and content little boy. He sleeps for three to four hour stretches and feeds ferociously. Sometimes he gets in a fussy spell but he’s so dang cute even mid-sob it’s hard to get too angry at him.
Ben and I have settled into a good nighttime routine taking shifts “on duty”. Thanks to this snoozy babe we’re both managing to clock enough sleeping hours to function the next day.
Today was my first day home solo with him. Late last week that idea felt terrifying, but I feel more confident being this little guy’s mom with every day under my belt. Today, dare I say, felt empowering.
In theory newborn care is easy—feed, clean, burp, lay to nap, repeat. The challenge comes in decoding a big ugly cry or getting a bathroom/food break when you want one.
Ben and I look at each other often and say: “We’re doing it! We’re doing it!” We’re still pretty thrilled this little boy has joined our family. I think we can toss the receipt, we’ll keep him.