Sports Supporter Recovery Day

Man, is there no national holiday we could wiggle onto the calendar for the Monday after the Super Bowl? National Pulled Pork Hangover Day? Sports Supporter Recovery Day? I could use another Sunday.

Saturday night we had a dinner party with friends Abby, Andy and their squishy 4-month-old daughter Rosie. For dinner I made a big salad and chicken cupcakes—an interesting name for a really good recipe (here’s a similar version). Weird name or not, the cupcakes were a hit. The four of us polished off 30+ of them with Andy downing a record-breaking 13, followed by the fastest game of Settlers of Catan ever. #success

Last night we hosted a small Super Bowl party with two other couples. Even with my last minute should-or-shouldn’t-I-make-mac-and-cheese debate (in which I ultimately decided no), we had plenty of real good for with not too much left over.

I made a big vat of Crockpot pulled pork, peach salsa and bourbon soaked grapes with mini pecan goat cheese balls. My favorite, though, were the buffalo chicken and sun-dried tomato basil pinwheels. They were suppppper easy to make and a really tasty “main” dish that I’ll make for parties again and again. Plus they’re loaded with cream cheese, so yes to that!

Highlights among our party goers were the main ref’s super buff biceps, the NFL Super Bowl babies commercial and discussing Tom Brady’s diet involving no “nightshades”—tomatoes, potatoes and eggplants. Was an actual football game played? I was too busy lady chatting and refilling my plate to know.

After everyone left Ben and I did the fastest house clean known to man and fell into bed exhausted. Is it too soon to wish for another weekend?

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025