Greek Cooking Class
Nothing makes a Tuesday night feel fancier than frying a whole fish. Through my work’s young professionals group I went to a Greek cooking class at the Downtown Market last night.
About thirty of us made orange blossom honey baklava, whole fried bass (ugh, looking into the fish’s eyeballs, ugh) and a roasted beet salad.
I don’t think of myself as a picky eater but two of the three dishes were on my “no, thanks” list before last night. But! I tried the fish and it was good! And I tried the beet salad and it was… well, still on my “no, thanks” list to be honest.
The Greek wine and baklava made up for it.
About thirty of us made orange blossom honey baklava, whole fried bass (ugh, looking into the fish’s eyeballs, ugh) and a roasted beet salad.
I don’t think of myself as a picky eater but two of the three dishes were on my “no, thanks” list before last night. But! I tried the fish and it was good! And I tried the beet salad and it was… well, still on my “no, thanks” list to be honest.
The Greek wine and baklava made up for it.