THANKS!

What they don't tell you when you start wedding planning is how much mail is involved. Good gravy, you could easily spend as much on invites, thank you cards and postage as you do on a DJ.

I wanted to do something fun for our thank you cards, so I tossed an idea out to Ben—what if put our wedding clothes back on, crack open some beers and candy and take a post-wedding selfie? Bless this husband of mine who believes in my hairbrained ideas.

On our mini-moon, we met up with family who was also up north at the same time. We had a 5-hour wedding-catch-up dinner with my sister and brother-in-law, and also met up with my cousin Jeff, a photographer who was in town for work. In conversation our thank you card idea came out and Jeff said he'd love to help take the picture. Yes, please!

So, a week after the wedding I did my hair up big, make-up as loud as I know how to, put on Ben's tie and draped my bedazzled “championship belt” around his neck. We set up Oreos, Cheetos, superman ice cream, Founders beer and a couple mini bottles of wine on the coffee table and played photoshoot with Jeff for about 15 minutes.

Our final pictures cracked us up for hours. I've never been more excited to send so much mail out. Here's what we ended up sending, plus a few of our favorite outtakes.




Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025