The 6 Mile Mistake
This year, like every other year, my family and I ran the Detroit Turkey Trot.
Due to various injuries among all of us, my parents and I settled on the 5K while my brother ran the 10. Well, the 5K was the goal. We started an hour early with the 10K group with my brother figuring we’d duck out at the 5K course split. But, you know, when you’re an hour ahead of any other 5K’er, there’s no need to mark the course for the 5K split.
So, even with the various injuries among us, my parents and I trotted an accidental 10K.
This year, I’m thankful for nice weather that made walk breaks bearable and the entire race enjoyable; I’m thankful various injuries are all we’ve got as medical woes; and I’m ever thankful for an active family who makes late November running a fun tradition.
