Dana’s Closet: Cold Weather Work Get Up

Linda was my very first internship supervisor at Signature Media in downtown Detroit. She was a short, cute, young 30-something married woman with a sense of humor and a work ethic of steel. Every single day of her working life, Linda donned a dress or skirt—not by coincidence or for comfort either. Her career wardrobe was her professional statement. In her staple look (timeless dresses, pearls, hose and heels), she was the picture of what she wanted to portray.

I thought of her yesterday when I started mentally mapping this blog post. I thought of her distinct fashion and how I didn't get it and didn’t have it (my own personal style) when I worked for her. I recently unearthed my two favorite fall/winter outfits; my go-to get-up that feels comfortable, respectable, fashionable and even somewhat professional (given my casual work environment). It’s not what Linda would wear, but it's a good cold weather staple look for me.


Except in an ideal wold, your shirt wouldn't be so wrinkled. Oops.

Gap's cozy cotton blazers feel like sweatshirts, true story.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025