Troy Turkey Trot Recap
This year was my first doing the Troy Turkey Trot.
That is such a nice race. It's close to where we stay while in town, well organized, easy parking, good music, good mood and good weather. I'll be back again for sure.
I've been on my workout routine, but it's not running specific. I certainly had enough of a base to tackle this 5K, but my goal wasn't to PR, it was to run strong and steady, to have fun and challenge myself.
And I did! Mile 1 felt really strong, and same with mile 2. I needed to pull back a bit on the last mile to not over do it, but still had enough in the tank for a super strong finish.
My overall time was 27:07. If I hadn't accidentally entered the race as a Male I would have placed 12 in my age group. If I had ran 8 seconds faster I would have been under 27.
Oh well! I enjoyed the route, the crowd, and gained another year of being immensely grateful for my body & health which allows me to do silly Turkey Trots and more.