Halloween 2022
Weeeee this year was another one for the memory books!
This was our 3rd annual? 4th annual? at home Halloween party with our good family friends/old neighbors.
Again I made Pinch of Yum's queso chicken chili. Again I made a pumpkin snack plate. Again I threw a few drops of green food coloring in a pitcher of lemon-aid and called it Goblin Juice. And again we had an absolutely wild A+ time.
C- on my pumpkin face this year, don't you think? Ah well.
This year C was Black Panther (a super hero), A was Blippi (a kid's TV show character), Ben was an inflatable man riding a dinosaur and I was Wonder Woman.
5-year-old C ran basically sprinting speed through almost all of the neighborhood before stopping back home for a snack and bathroom break which turned into a "eh, I'm done" conclusion. 2.5-year-old A made it to about 10-12 houses, all on his own two feet much to his dismay ("uppies, please!!"). Good records set by both.
By the end of the night the house was a haunted, spooky disaster. Chili in places I didn't know it could be in, a graveyard of crumbs under the kids table, a quickly depleted bottle of black rum by the adults, candy wrappers strewn about by just about everyone. But inside the air was a-glow with laughter.
What a rockin' night. I'm still tired, but I'd do it all again!