2

Today, sweet little A, you’re two-years-old.

The last two years have really felt like 20 with what they’ve brought in terms of stress, change and uncertainty. But you, little A, you’ve been a roll-with-the-punches, sweet little glowing light in our lives.

We’ve watched you completely and flawlessly adapt to any and all situations–be that outgrowing stomach troubles and jaundice as a newborn, a global health pandemic, or the occasional pandemic-like intensity of your older brother.

Lately we’ve been marveling every day when you wake up bigger, bolder and coming into your own.

You’ll firmly tell me “I DO IT!” as you insist on using your whole body to climb into the car and onto your car seat at daycare pick up. I try to give you the space, standing in the cold as you take your time, just so I can hear the sweet sentiment of pride when you get there: “I did it!”

You express such strong opinions at times, like when we snort to mimic the sound of a pig and you correct us by saying “no,” and making the sound you think of for pig. You’re insistent but calm until we get it right-by-you, and let us know we’re in the clear by indicating, yes, like that!

I love most watching you flex and compromise. I might say “you can have a snacky if you go get a bowl,” or “we’ll see puppy videos after we go outside to play,” and as if it was your idea, you’ll almost always happily say “okay!” and toddle off to the next step.

Recently the world has been mystifying you. Several times a day we’ll hear “Daddy, look, lights!” or “Mommy, look, truck!” I love that you want to share in all your excitement with us.

You love your family and need to be in the immediate know if one person is missing from the table, car or activity. You adore your brother and want to play and hug, but you also stand your ground when there’s been a sibling injustice or infraction.

You love snacks. You love playing in your “coup” (cozy coup car) outside. Your favorite food is cookies, bread or “Adrian”. Your favorite color is pink. Your favorite animal is a pig. When I ask how old you are, you answer “Adrian”.

Happy 2nd/”Adrian” birthday, to our sweet “Little”. We love you.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025