The Garden Fence


Heyyyy, big news! I’ve got a garden fence!

My fam visited this past weekend and went right to work helping me build a bomb garden fence. Honestly, we’re amateur builders at best; and honestly, this fence is pro level.

And it’s needed because a week after I cleared the garden out I found a bunny den. UGH.

Anyway.

I went with wood 4x4s (which we concreted into place) and chicken wire. We also chicken wired the edge of the deck that serves as a garden wall. And we made a gate! A perfect gate!


There was only one casualty in the form of a severed internet wire, but clearly as I post this we’re back in business with that.

Man am I impressed with our efforts.

Inside these chicken wire walls you’ll find my snap peas planted, chives in full force and a “raised bed” bucket where I’m giving carrots another go after last year’s failed attempt. All the way inside (the house) I have cherry tomatoes and heirloom tomatoes from seed sprouting nicely and newly planted watermelon, broccoli and cucumber seeds which hopefully follow suit.


A giant, concrete, shout out to my brother who not only was all in on this project from the get-go, but did SO much of the work literally standing this up.

Junior shout out to my dad who was helpful but also skeptical and at one point suggested lattice, which no.   

Let’s get this garden going, baby!

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025