Easter Egg Hunt - Year 1
Did I put way too much effort into a simple 2-household Easter egg hunt gathering? Yeah, of course I did.
We had our old neighbors over for a family Easter egg hunt and brunch.
I made this spinach egg breakfast casserole that gets a bunch of thumbs up any time I make it, this new-to-me lemon blueberry bread (cough, cake) and this homemade ranch dip. I’m not even an insane ranch person, but I’d smear that dip on like night cream.
I filled up a bunch of eggs with candy and my neighbor filled up a bunch more with stickers and little toys. I also bought 4 JUMBO eggs (one for each kid) with some dollar store type trinkets.
The boys got a real hoot out of wandering the yard and hunting for eggs. The big boys were so kind, alerting each other when they found eggs to even out each others’ baskets. The little boys weren’t entirely sure what was going on, but seemed to understand pick up/clean up.
When I was growing up our neighbors did an Easter egg hunt throughout 3-4 neighbor’s backyards that all butted up against each other. The man Dad In Charge went out of his way to hide an extra special egg with a $5 bill in it somewhere for us to find. Man, do I have good memories of that!
As the boys grow up I wonder if I could put poker chips in the eggs and let them “cash in” their chips for bigger toys post hunt. Considering a son of mine who shall not be named tried to eat a crayon he found in his egg, it would be a nice alternative to the candy rush.
We had our old neighbors over for a family Easter egg hunt and brunch.
I made this spinach egg breakfast casserole that gets a bunch of thumbs up any time I make it, this new-to-me lemon blueberry bread (cough, cake) and this homemade ranch dip. I’m not even an insane ranch person, but I’d smear that dip on like night cream.
I filled up a bunch of eggs with candy and my neighbor filled up a bunch more with stickers and little toys. I also bought 4 JUMBO eggs (one for each kid) with some dollar store type trinkets.
The boys got a real hoot out of wandering the yard and hunting for eggs. The big boys were so kind, alerting each other when they found eggs to even out each others’ baskets. The little boys weren’t entirely sure what was going on, but seemed to understand pick up/clean up.
When I was growing up our neighbors did an Easter egg hunt throughout 3-4 neighbor’s backyards that all butted up against each other. The man Dad In Charge went out of his way to hide an extra special egg with a $5 bill in it somewhere for us to find. Man, do I have good memories of that!
As the boys grow up I wonder if I could put poker chips in the eggs and let them “cash in” their chips for bigger toys post hunt. Considering a son of mine who shall not be named tried to eat a crayon he found in his egg, it would be a nice alternative to the candy rush.