What’s For Dinner When The Government Gets Raided!
You know that feeling when it’s just been A. Day. and you don’t feel like making dinner?
There’s always Qdoba (again) but it’s not carry-out night, and why am I strict on one specific night for carry-out? Well, because I now hold on white-knuckle to simple routines in my life to feel like I have a degree of control as I combat a seemingly daily feeling the world is spinning off its axis.
Wee!
My friend Karen, who is living in a particularly unfortunate time to answer to that name, sent me a HelloHomeFreshChefWeCookYourDinnerBoxWhatever recipe that she received and especially loved.
And if you want to know what life looks like in early January 2021, it’s me standing in my slippers in my lovely warm kitchen reviewing this recipe and thinking, Oh wow! I never thought you could cook ground turkey like that, Karen! mere moments before the US Capitol building is violently raided.
Anyway. This Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl was easy, mindless and good. Remind me to make it again in a few years from now when my boys come home from school asking what it was like to live in 2020/2021.
Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl
Ingredients
Carrots (about 2?)
Snap peas (about 1 cup?)
Cooked rice (1-2 cups)
1 lb ground turkey
Soy sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Sesame oil (if you have it)
Sesame seeds (if you have them)
Directions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400º.
2. In a casserole dish, layer the cooked rice, carrots and snap peas
3. Break the raw ground turkey into small pieces and place evenly on top
4. Season with salt, pepper, maybe ginger and garlic powder if you have it
5. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes (until turkey is cooked through)
6. Remove from oven and top with a mix of soy sauce/teriyaki sauce/sesame oil and sesame seeds.
There’s always Qdoba (again) but it’s not carry-out night, and why am I strict on one specific night for carry-out? Well, because I now hold on white-knuckle to simple routines in my life to feel like I have a degree of control as I combat a seemingly daily feeling the world is spinning off its axis.
Wee!
My friend Karen, who is living in a particularly unfortunate time to answer to that name, sent me a HelloHomeFreshChefWeCookYourDinnerBoxWhatever recipe that she received and especially loved.
And if you want to know what life looks like in early January 2021, it’s me standing in my slippers in my lovely warm kitchen reviewing this recipe and thinking, Oh wow! I never thought you could cook ground turkey like that, Karen! mere moments before the US Capitol building is violently raided.
Anyway. This Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl was easy, mindless and good. Remind me to make it again in a few years from now when my boys come home from school asking what it was like to live in 2020/2021.
Teriyaki Turkey Rice Bowl
Ingredients
Carrots (about 2?)
Snap peas (about 1 cup?)
Cooked rice (1-2 cups)
1 lb ground turkey
Soy sauce
Teriyaki sauce
Sesame oil (if you have it)
Sesame seeds (if you have them)
Directions
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400º.
2. In a casserole dish, layer the cooked rice, carrots and snap peas
3. Break the raw ground turkey into small pieces and place evenly on top
4. Season with salt, pepper, maybe ginger and garlic powder if you have it
5. Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes (until turkey is cooked through)
6. Remove from oven and top with a mix of soy sauce/teriyaki sauce/sesame oil and sesame seeds.