Holiday Card 2020

Wow was the level of effort with our holiday card photo shoot HIGH this year.

While B got ready I tried to set up the shot while fielding all the concerned “why?” questions from C and playing goalie to the tripod and extra lamp due to a speedy, grabby-handed A.

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the entire gang’s level of participation. I snapped a slew of photos and had a couple contenders for the final card.

I’m not super sure the theme we were going for came across though? The idea was me, gung-ho about matching family jammies, an idea B has always been adamantly *insert emoji with man crossing arms over his face* about. I think I needed a more thrilled, “hey, check out what I got for us!” face. Ah well.

Funny side note: C was SUPER concerned about why Daddy wasn’t in the jammies, and emotionally distraught over Daddy’s fake sad face. I can’t hang our card on our fridge because I know seeing it again will worry him. Sweet boy.

Here’s a take-away for next year: this spot sucked for lighting. I had it in my mind to not have all our holiday photos in the same spot year after year, but honestly who cares (and who beyond me would even notice)? I should have stuck with a spot I knew lighting would be better in, and next year I will.

Happy holidays from our rowdy crew!

In case you’re interested in our past cards: 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025