Christmas 2020
Look, I’m not going to tell you this was an amazing Christmas. It’s been almost two months since we’ve seen family or friends and we’re in a stretch of several days cooped up inside with two wonderful, but wild little boys.
I’m feeling the weight of what we’re all missing–milestones and moments together, community and camaraderie, a breather from everything we’re blessed with.
We did what we could though, and made some (albeit very isolated) memories I don’t want to forget–starting the week leading up to Christmas:
I’m feeling the weight of what we’re all missing–milestones and moments together, community and camaraderie, a breather from everything we’re blessed with.
We did what we could though, and made some (albeit very isolated) memories I don’t want to forget–starting the week leading up to Christmas:
- We made gingerbread cookies from scratch, which made just enough for us and neighbor gifts
- C announced he’d like Santa to bring him maple syrup and a race car, which honestly sound like good gifts for just about anyone
- I made ⅓ of the Pioneer Woman’s Cinnamon Roll recipe, which still yielded 20 rolls!
- We wrote a letter to Santa with C. It was heavily focused on the aforementioned syrup and race car
- I made this Swedish meatball recipe for Christmas Eve, and it was SO good!
- We had a really nice family Zoom call on Christmas Eve to exchange Secret Sibling gifts and to play Scattergories. This online version is free!
- B and gifted each out filled stockings, a fun way to focus on little things
- I made stuffed flank steak and roasted potatoes for Christmas Dinner. Technically I made it for Christmas lunch considering I did all the cooking around 1pm. It’s just easier to tackle a more in depth recipe while the boys nap
- The biggest celebrator in our house was A, who is having a monumental Christmas season by cutting his 4 top teeth at once. Now you see why I requested a breather!