Halloween 2019
So it snowed, and rained, and was blustery cold for us this Halloween. That hardly mattered to our 2-year-old who was excited about his costume (which by an unplanned, happy accident fit beautifully over a winter coat) and the "parade", which he kept calling Halloween night.
This year C was a slice of pizza for Halloween--his favorite food! I made his costume based a new-sew Pinterest tutorial, which took about 30 min to make, set me back less than $10 and only resulted in a few first degree hot glue gun burns.
He got some good wear out of it too! He wore it when we were up north to the local early Halloween parade downtown, he wore it at daycare and he wore it trick or treating through our neighborhood last night.
We went to 6 houses, at each he said "trick or treat!" and "thank you". I think he would have happily kept going but we didn't want to stray too far away from home in the gross weather and thought he might enjoy seeing kids (all 5 of them) come to our door to trick or treat at home.
For his efforts he was rewarded with a sucker and a bite of Dad's Kit Kat ("I try a bite of that? I try a bite of that?"). All of it (despite a regular bed time) must have been even more thrilling than it looked because he slept and slept and slept this morning.
This year C was a slice of pizza for Halloween--his favorite food! I made his costume based a new-sew Pinterest tutorial, which took about 30 min to make, set me back less than $10 and only resulted in a few first degree hot glue gun burns.
He got some good wear out of it too! He wore it when we were up north to the local early Halloween parade downtown, he wore it at daycare and he wore it trick or treating through our neighborhood last night.
We went to 6 houses, at each he said "trick or treat!" and "thank you". I think he would have happily kept going but we didn't want to stray too far away from home in the gross weather and thought he might enjoy seeing kids (all 5 of them) come to our door to trick or treat at home.
For his efforts he was rewarded with a sucker and a bite of Dad's Kit Kat ("I try a bite of that? I try a bite of that?"). All of it (despite a regular bed time) must have been even more thrilling than it looked because he slept and slept and slept this morning.