ZDM Weekend Up North
We were up north this past weekend for the annual Zoo-De-Mack bike race. Only my dad and brother were brave enough to weather the low 40 temps with near constant rain to bike 51 miles from Harbor Springs to Mackinac City.
While the boys biked and shivered the whole way, the rest of us (C, B and my mom) shopped around town, got lunch and marveled at all the big trucks doing construction work. Well, the littlest among us marveled at the trucks.
It really was a crappy weather weekend to be up north. So much rain. So much cold. So cold, honestly, almost too cold to be out playing. In May!
But I’ll never care what the weather is like up north. I love being away, I love being there and I love revisiting old memories of favorite cookie shops and stores and making new ones watching C steal G-Pa’s water bottle over and over and giggling the whole time.
While the boys biked and shivered the whole way, the rest of us (C, B and my mom) shopped around town, got lunch and marveled at all the big trucks doing construction work. Well, the littlest among us marveled at the trucks.
It really was a crappy weather weekend to be up north. So much rain. So much cold. So cold, honestly, almost too cold to be out playing. In May!
But I’ll never care what the weather is like up north. I love being away, I love being there and I love revisiting old memories of favorite cookie shops and stores and making new ones watching C steal G-Pa’s water bottle over and over and giggling the whole time.