The Never Ending Cheese Board
This is the story of a cheese board that never ends–yes, it goes on and on my friends.
This past weekend I was in The Middle Of No Where But Still Near A Lake, Michigan with two girlfriends for our second, twice-a-year mom’s weekend getaway.
Per tradition, each one of us takes a meal time and preps food for the group. I was on lunch duty, and an early request for grazing/snacks vs a sit down meal lead me to the idea of a cheese board.
I’d hardly claim myself an expert at cheese board building, but man did this version turn out (if I may brag) rockin’. We had cheeses and meats and fruit and veggies and crackers and nuts and jam and honey. I let myself be driven by the theme of variety so everyone could nibble at stuff they loved.
It was great. We snacked all day. And the next day we came home relaxed and tan and with glowy face-masked skin and me with mounds of cheese board ingredient leftovers.
But then I remembered Game Of Thrones Sunday, another new tradition wherein our neighbor comes over to watch the newest episode. Ben is a GoT mega-fan and I am most certainly not, but due diligently hang around for the snacks.
And boy, snacks did I have. I grabbed only some of the leftovers and tossed onto the coffee table a not-to-be-snuffed-at half life of the original cheese board.
And still, I. Have. More.
It just so happens this Thursday a coworker is coming by the house to hang after work. And we’ll be cheese boarding again!
What about Friday night in for a little at-home date when C goes to bed? CHEESE BOARD! And this upcoming weekend when we’ll be hosting family for a visit? CHEESE BOARD!
You get a cheese board! You get a cheese board! And you get a cheese board!
I could foresee this continuing until the end of time, where it just makes sense to refresh an additional cheese here or there, or a new box of crackers.
It’s like how you have to constantly feed a bread starter and it’s all fun and games until you wish you had never gotten started in the first place and can’t figure out how to stop.
Let’s put a cap on this together–if you visit September or beyond and there’s a cheese board here, I beg you to empty the fridge while I’m in the bathroom and call for help.
This past weekend I was in The Middle Of No Where But Still Near A Lake, Michigan with two girlfriends for our second, twice-a-year mom’s weekend getaway.
Per tradition, each one of us takes a meal time and preps food for the group. I was on lunch duty, and an early request for grazing/snacks vs a sit down meal lead me to the idea of a cheese board.
I’d hardly claim myself an expert at cheese board building, but man did this version turn out (if I may brag) rockin’. We had cheeses and meats and fruit and veggies and crackers and nuts and jam and honey. I let myself be driven by the theme of variety so everyone could nibble at stuff they loved.
It was great. We snacked all day. And the next day we came home relaxed and tan and with glowy face-masked skin and me with mounds of cheese board ingredient leftovers.
But then I remembered Game Of Thrones Sunday, another new tradition wherein our neighbor comes over to watch the newest episode. Ben is a GoT mega-fan and I am most certainly not, but due diligently hang around for the snacks.
And boy, snacks did I have. I grabbed only some of the leftovers and tossed onto the coffee table a not-to-be-snuffed-at half life of the original cheese board.
And still, I. Have. More.
It just so happens this Thursday a coworker is coming by the house to hang after work. And we’ll be cheese boarding again!
What about Friday night in for a little at-home date when C goes to bed? CHEESE BOARD! And this upcoming weekend when we’ll be hosting family for a visit? CHEESE BOARD!
You get a cheese board! You get a cheese board! And you get a cheese board!
I could foresee this continuing until the end of time, where it just makes sense to refresh an additional cheese here or there, or a new box of crackers.
It’s like how you have to constantly feed a bread starter and it’s all fun and games until you wish you had never gotten started in the first place and can’t figure out how to stop.
Let’s put a cap on this together–if you visit September or beyond and there’s a cheese board here, I beg you to empty the fridge while I’m in the bathroom and call for help.