Family Vaca Recap
Ahhhh. That’s the sound of me marveling in a state of post vacation--a lower resting heart rate, unruly eyebrows that barely got plucked and an appetite that demands gourmet desserts every night.
We clearly can’t stay in vacation mode forever, but man was this past week away up north with my family nice.
Time blends together in a weird way on vacation. I never know what day it is until it’s the day before leaving and then I dig my heels in as much as possible trying to stretch out the job.
I have no memory of specific days, but we did go to the beach twice to play in the water and sand and see little fish and to be mesmerized by Gpa and uncle E playing beach tennis.
We spent time in toy stores and on play structures and on nature walks and shopped downtown. We visited a farm and saw animals and went on a hayride. We ate gelato, ice cream, fudge and cookies--all a first for Cam, and almost all a hit (sorry fudge). We went on a home tour. C learned what chalk is and pointed and pet so many nice doggies.
Also, this mama got to run every other day the whole time we were away, culminating with a four mile run with my brother that felt down right like I was back to my true self again. Plus I found time for yoga and bike riding and coffee drinking and catching up and sort of sleeping in… kind of.
It was nice and recharging and now I’m (briefly) back, and wondering how to keep this joy around a little longer.
We clearly can’t stay in vacation mode forever, but man was this past week away up north with my family nice.
Time blends together in a weird way on vacation. I never know what day it is until it’s the day before leaving and then I dig my heels in as much as possible trying to stretch out the job.
I have no memory of specific days, but we did go to the beach twice to play in the water and sand and see little fish and to be mesmerized by Gpa and uncle E playing beach tennis.
We spent time in toy stores and on play structures and on nature walks and shopped downtown. We visited a farm and saw animals and went on a hayride. We ate gelato, ice cream, fudge and cookies--all a first for Cam, and almost all a hit (sorry fudge). We went on a home tour. C learned what chalk is and pointed and pet so many nice doggies.
Also, this mama got to run every other day the whole time we were away, culminating with a four mile run with my brother that felt down right like I was back to my true self again. Plus I found time for yoga and bike riding and coffee drinking and catching up and sort of sleeping in… kind of.
It was nice and recharging and now I’m (briefly) back, and wondering how to keep this joy around a little longer.