#36 Weekend Notes: Fairs & Fests

Yes fall weather. Yesssssss!

I’m so glad we had nice weather this weekend because we had stuff. to. do.

Friday night we took Cam out for our first family Friday pizza night. He ate two pieces of ham pizza, plus a snacky bar, plus a couple croutons. It was a good night.

Saturday we met up with friends with babes at the Eastown Streetfair. I think there was art and food and stuff. I really didn’t care because I was too thrilled watching my sweet boy run all over the place exploring new things including a weird local real estate company mascot (a big large gray bird he was obsessed with).

That night we had our neighborhood 8th annual block party. It was so fun x 2. Tons of neighbors were out, tons of really good food showed up, also there was a bounce house, mini golf, kiddy cornhole and a craft station. So many friendly neighbors were there, so many kids, and I was just feeling real gushy with gratitude we landed in this neighborhood. I was also feeling gushy from all the pasta salad I ate.

Oh also the local fire department showed up so the kids could climb in their firetruck. That was cool.

On Sunday we ate a big egg breakfast together, ran some errands and ran around East Grand Rapids parks, downtown and on the high school football field. And pointed at every dog within eye range. These are the things you do when you’re 13 months old.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025