#2 Weekend Notes: 24 Legs

We have a black upholstered bench in our living room I got for a steal from my company’s friends and family sale about a year ago. We love the bench, but weren’t wild of its silver legs.

Last week I impulsively decided to replace them. Within ten minutes of the initial idea I had ordered four wood midcentury modern legs from an Etsy shop in Washington.

I’d been patting myself on the back for the idea all week eagerly awaiting they’re scheduled arrival date. I waited impatiently for them but instead of receiving them I received a text late on Friday from the owner of our old house notifying me that a package had arrived with my name on it.

Oops. Went too fast. Didn’t change or check my address on Etsy.

Saturday we drove to the house to pick up the larger-than-expected package. Man, these must be heavy legs, I thought.

Two minutes later I had opened the box in the car to investigate my treasure and found TWENTY FOUR legs.

Oops! Went too fast! Ordered FOUR SETS of SIX legs.

Luckily I emailed the Etsy shop owner and by Sunday morning he replied that I could return the unneeded sets.

I’ll file this story away in my overflowing bank of tales about my wildness and impulsive backfiring.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025