C's First Halloween
I can’t stress enough how over the top pumped I was for Halloween this year. In years past it’s been a oooh, fun! holiday, but this year? Cameron’s first? I couldn’t handle my excitement.
In the days leading up I kept catching myself thinking—should I be making crescent roll hot dog mummies? Should we string orange lights from our front porch? Should I be hallowing out a pumpkin and carving out leg holes to plop our little pumpkin in?
In the end I was too busy, and perhaps too scatter brained, to go overboard. I did, however, subject Cameron to wearing his costume for many more hours than necessary.
I can’t help it, he was SUCH an adorable moose.
And really, he did party hard on his first Halloween anyway. Over the span of 3 days he was in (cough, slept through) his daycare’s Halloween parade, he visited both my and Ben’s work places in costume, he went out trick-or-treating to meet two different neighbors and he got to see the big kids in costume as we passed out candy at home.
Given all my antics—I didn’t even mention the footprint Frankenstein craft I put him through—he was so chill. Thanks, little boy. I’d like to say this first Halloween was for you, but let’s be real, you sure were a gift to your mama this year.
In the days leading up I kept catching myself thinking—should I be making crescent roll hot dog mummies? Should we string orange lights from our front porch? Should I be hallowing out a pumpkin and carving out leg holes to plop our little pumpkin in?
In the end I was too busy, and perhaps too scatter brained, to go overboard. I did, however, subject Cameron to wearing his costume for many more hours than necessary.
I can’t help it, he was SUCH an adorable moose.
And really, he did party hard on his first Halloween anyway. Over the span of 3 days he was in (cough, slept through) his daycare’s Halloween parade, he visited both my and Ben’s work places in costume, he went out trick-or-treating to meet two different neighbors and he got to see the big kids in costume as we passed out candy at home.
Given all my antics—I didn’t even mention the footprint Frankenstein craft I put him through—he was so chill. Thanks, little boy. I’d like to say this first Halloween was for you, but let’s be real, you sure were a gift to your mama this year.

