Cameron At 3 Months

I just realized I never posted Cameron’s three month update. Sigh. Well he’s still under four months, so better late than never.

At three months Cameron is curious and social. He’s constantly wide-eyed examining the world around him. If something is happening in a different room he’s desperate to be there. The women at daycare agree—he’s got FOMO (fear of missing out).

He’s also very social and friendly. He’ll let just about anyone hold him and is pretty liberal in flashing gummy smiles especially to people he recognizes. He giggles in his sleep occasionally but is still holding out on giving me the alert giggles I’m looking for.

A few weeks ago he found his thumb and has been all about it ever since. He’ll suck his thumb to put himself to sleep or to calm down when upset. Both are great, especially when it means he can self-soothe in the middle of the night. Go Cam!

I can already see how daycare has made him more confident and independent. He does a great job playing on his own in his jungle gym, grabbing at objects and catapulting his feet up. He studies really hard when trying to figure things out, especially when I spin a snail rattle in front of him or press a plush blue octopus tentacle in front of him and watch him try to mimic me.

He likes:

  • Supported sitting up seats (at daycare)
  • Books/story time
  • Music and sounds, especially crinkly plastic
  • His thumb!

He dislikes:

  • Tummy time. Still.
  • Wind
  • Green beans (we let him hold one when I was cooking the other night and he made an immediate sad face, ha!)
  • Having his nose suctioned*

* Obviously, but at this point I’m grasping for things he dislikes. He’s really a happy, content boy!

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025