Second Trimester - Part 1

Let’s talk about this pregnancy!

TBH my second trimester so far hasn’t left much to be talked about. I feel good--mostly like my non-pregnant former self--though do get winded after a flight of stairs, fall asleep with ease before 8pm and nearly cry during every yoga class and at strangely not emotional scenes in La La Land.


I’m so grateful to be back to my standard, mostly healthy, eating habits. Greens are back in! Eggs are back in! Chicken is still not that exciting, but maybe that’s because chicken in general is not that exciting. I don’t have any noticable food cravings but do crave someone else in charge of dinner on nights I’m extra tired.


Even some workouts have crept back into my routine. I’ve been doing lots of walking, weekly yoga, some strength training, stationary bike riding and occasionally a bit of running. It all feels good in the moment--the next day not so much.

18 weeks
I’m sprouting more and more of a baby bump and while I can still “hide” it with looser tops I can also dress so it’s quite obvious there’s a baby in there. And there is a baby in there! Within the last two weeks I’ve started to feel little movements in my lower abdominals that I’m pretty certain is someone saying their first hellos.


Every week a pregnancy app on my phone tells me a new fruit/vegetable baby is the size of. Ben and I get a kick out of changing reference to baby to what the produce of the week is, and my grandma thinks the weekly produce update is so hilarious she writes each fruit/vegetable on her calendar when I call.

We haven’t purchased much or decorated for baby at all. I am nearly done with a registry that will help us stay on top of all the must-have things before baby’s arrival, and cruising through several what-to-expect type books. All in all second trimester has made for relaxing days, restful nights and loads of excited anticipation!

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025