Becoming Three
It’s been a little quiet around here, no? If you noticed, or didn’t, I’ve been harboring an unbloggable secret--we’re expanding our team! Yep, I’m pregnant!!!
If you read here, this probably isn’t news to you. We wrapped up telling family, friends, bosses and coworkers about six weeks ago--and we’ve spent every night of the last five months telling each other over and over again in a can you believe it?! kind of way.
It was incredibly sweet to bask privately in our joy for so long. It offered us peace to feel all the feelz as our world exploded into giant confetti fireworks--and space to digest it all as the pieces landed back into place.
On one hand I so enjoyed that quiet time where our home felt like a cozy protective nest of wonder, joy, trepidation and blissful uncertainty. Seeing the thrill, support and love pour out from our support system has been an amazing second act to witness.
While we were quiet, however, plenty was happening. For starters, here’s a recap of my first trimester. Wow, I can’t believe I just said my first trimester. Look out for another post or two recapping more from the last 20 weeks.
First Trimester
That early November beach trip was a celebratory occasion as it was the day we found out I was pregnant. We giggled and grinned walking up and down the shore.
At six-weeks-secret-pregnant I ran a tough and sluggish 10K Turkey Trot with my brother. My sense of smell perked up dramatically, just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
I had my first doctor’s appointment and a massive blood draw at the end of November. The professional confirmation felt great, though feeling drained dry at the lab did not.
Nausea kicked in hard at the start of December. I spent six weeks subsiding on protein bars, potato soup, apples and popcorn. It could have been a lot worse--but coulda been a bit better.
The end of my first trimester wrapped up in early January, right about the time we told remaining family and close friends the news. At the tail end of my first trimester we had a thrill hearing baby’s heartbeat for the first time at the doctor’s office.
This is going to be one wild adventure. Here we go!
If you read here, this probably isn’t news to you. We wrapped up telling family, friends, bosses and coworkers about six weeks ago--and we’ve spent every night of the last five months telling each other over and over again in a can you believe it?! kind of way.
It was incredibly sweet to bask privately in our joy for so long. It offered us peace to feel all the feelz as our world exploded into giant confetti fireworks--and space to digest it all as the pieces landed back into place.
On one hand I so enjoyed that quiet time where our home felt like a cozy protective nest of wonder, joy, trepidation and blissful uncertainty. Seeing the thrill, support and love pour out from our support system has been an amazing second act to witness.
| Little baby slippers I surprised Ben with to tell him the news |
First Trimester
That early November beach trip was a celebratory occasion as it was the day we found out I was pregnant. We giggled and grinned walking up and down the shore.
At six-weeks-secret-pregnant I ran a tough and sluggish 10K Turkey Trot with my brother. My sense of smell perked up dramatically, just in time for Thanksgiving dinner.
I had my first doctor’s appointment and a massive blood draw at the end of November. The professional confirmation felt great, though feeling drained dry at the lab did not.
Nausea kicked in hard at the start of December. I spent six weeks subsiding on protein bars, potato soup, apples and popcorn. It could have been a lot worse--but coulda been a bit better.
The end of my first trimester wrapped up in early January, right about the time we told remaining family and close friends the news. At the tail end of my first trimester we had a thrill hearing baby’s heartbeat for the first time at the doctor’s office.
This is going to be one wild adventure. Here we go!

