Grass Growing -- Part 2
Should this just become a grass growing blog? I think we’re almost there…
With all our yard projects this summer, I’ve got new spots that need grassing over. I’ll gladly rip out bushes twice my height, but I loathe planting and caring for high maintenance grass seed.
But it was work that needed to get done, so right when September hit and lower temps were ahead, I put down tons of seed in the front yard. Amazingly, happily, I have sprouts! I’ve become consumed checking on them each morning, watering wildly at night and praying for rain but not so much that it swamps out my efforts.
Perhaps it was all that time spent watching the grass grow that prevented me from regularly checking our neighborhood app.
This app allows people in several connecting neighborhoods to chat with each other, share recommendations for handy men, inquire about babysitters, or post for the one millionth time about a lost cat found when our neighborhood obviously has a stray cat infestation.
Anyway. I hadn’t checked the app in a few days, but when I did I saw it—a guy selling excess sod he bought for real, REAL cheap.
My god… I could pay $10 and get rolls of fully grown grass carpet, plunk it down in my bare yard and be done with the whole thing!
Except because I hadn’t checked the app the day it was posted, I missed the boat. Three people commented right away, and the original poster quickly replied “sorry, sod has been picked up by the first commenter!”
Ugh. I feel like the 7th caller when the radio show hosts their 6th-caller-wins-Backstreet-Boys-ticket contests. How narrowly I missed out on this yard win.
With all our yard projects this summer, I’ve got new spots that need grassing over. I’ll gladly rip out bushes twice my height, but I loathe planting and caring for high maintenance grass seed.
But it was work that needed to get done, so right when September hit and lower temps were ahead, I put down tons of seed in the front yard. Amazingly, happily, I have sprouts! I’ve become consumed checking on them each morning, watering wildly at night and praying for rain but not so much that it swamps out my efforts.
Perhaps it was all that time spent watching the grass grow that prevented me from regularly checking our neighborhood app.
This app allows people in several connecting neighborhoods to chat with each other, share recommendations for handy men, inquire about babysitters, or post for the one millionth time about a lost cat found when our neighborhood obviously has a stray cat infestation.
Anyway. I hadn’t checked the app in a few days, but when I did I saw it—a guy selling excess sod he bought for real, REAL cheap.
My god… I could pay $10 and get rolls of fully grown grass carpet, plunk it down in my bare yard and be done with the whole thing!
Except because I hadn’t checked the app the day it was posted, I missed the boat. Three people commented right away, and the original poster quickly replied “sorry, sod has been picked up by the first commenter!”
Ugh. I feel like the 7th caller when the radio show hosts their 6th-caller-wins-Backstreet-Boys-ticket contests. How narrowly I missed out on this yard win.