#photoclutter

I love listening to a good podcast while I'm cooking, workout out or picking weeds from the yard. Life is glamorous, what can I say.

One of my faves is Note To Self, which has quick episodes on how to manage living in a digital world (and I am a material girl).

Cough, anyway.

While doing a quick workout and pulling the remainder of my green bean plant from the side garden I listened to the most recent episode--"It's Time to Deal With Your Photo Clutter". And while I so get why this is a topic, I also realized it didn't really apply to me. Because I have been dealing with my photo clutter. For 12 years. And it's been working beautifully.

These days almost all my photos are taken on my iPhone. It's just a darn good point and shoot camera, and it's always with me. Even when I'd haul another camera around, my technique worked well.

I keep a folder on my laptop of photos. In it is a folder for every year--2003 to 2015. In those folders are subfolders for every month. Every month (or season if we're being realistic) I move over all my good photos to my laptop folder structure.


And done.

I don't tag the photos in any way, though I do try to follow a basic would-I-print-this? philosophy to help me delete the crap and keep better quality photos. And while my laptop storage system isn't the cloud, I do back up my laptop regularly which makes me feel like my digital imagery is pretty darn safe.

In the past I'd upload the photos I really like to Shutterfly and print them out for a photo album. But since we got our wedding album printed through MyPublisher (and since I saw this idea from another blogger) this year will be my first getting a "family yearbook" printed with the best photos and some captions from this past year.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025