ArtPrize / D&B’s B&B


ArtPrize is a busy time for our humble adobe. This year we’re hosting both families and a one night stay by my cousin/his girlfriend. Never have our guest sheets been washed so much or our air mattress remained inflated for so long.

As for the art I’d give it a solid B. There didn’t seem to be as much big art outside, and what I did see this year seemed to be strangely similar to what I’ve seen in years past—pencil drawings, animals made of silverware, jewels dangling from fishing line to create a 3D scene, large quiltwork/painted landscapes and of course a Moses mural that was poorly done but still made a top 25 list because #biblebelt.

 

Aside from the art I took my family to the outlet mall (a hit), The Old Goat restaurant (a flop) and Grand Valley’s main campus for some exploring. While my mom and I scoped out the new library the boys went indoor rock climbing. Yes, the boys, including my dad who scaled up that wall like it was no big deal. Color me impressed.


Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025