Weekend Notes: Quake!
At 12:30pm on Saturday I was on the living room floor stretching after a run while Ben was on the couch watching TV. Then the house shook. Like, loud clap of thunder, are these walls really secure? shook. It only lasted a second or two, but we felt the earthquake all right.
It was an active kind of weekend around here and not just because of our fluke quake. I got that run I mentioned in, which was longer and stronger than I’ve felt in a long time. Ben made himself a batch of homemade waffles while I was out and kindly had a short stack and a few breakfast sausages waiting for me when I returned. Saving your fiancĂ© little meaties. That’s true love.
We took advantage of a beautiful day and walked to East Grand Rapids for lunch, stopping to rummage through a lackluster yard sale and to watch a little league lacrosse game. When we got back, I spent some time in the backyard weeding and doing yard clean up while Ben took care of the final wedding shower gift box tear down and started on cleaning out the basement.
After a quick dinner it was decided the weather was just too good to not walk to the ice cream shop down the street. The weather made us do it! As we were leaving the house I saw a neighbor outside we hadn’t met yet, so we walked over there for a quick introduction and of course ended up staying to chat for a while.
By the time we both crawled into bed that night, I had hit 24K steps/10.5 miles on my FitBit. Talk about hoofin’ it, I think these little legs are still recovering.
It was an active kind of weekend around here and not just because of our fluke quake. I got that run I mentioned in, which was longer and stronger than I’ve felt in a long time. Ben made himself a batch of homemade waffles while I was out and kindly had a short stack and a few breakfast sausages waiting for me when I returned. Saving your fiancĂ© little meaties. That’s true love.
We took advantage of a beautiful day and walked to East Grand Rapids for lunch, stopping to rummage through a lackluster yard sale and to watch a little league lacrosse game. When we got back, I spent some time in the backyard weeding and doing yard clean up while Ben took care of the final wedding shower gift box tear down and started on cleaning out the basement.
After a quick dinner it was decided the weather was just too good to not walk to the ice cream shop down the street. The weather made us do it! As we were leaving the house I saw a neighbor outside we hadn’t met yet, so we walked over there for a quick introduction and of course ended up staying to chat for a while.
By the time we both crawled into bed that night, I had hit 24K steps/10.5 miles on my FitBit. Talk about hoofin’ it, I think these little legs are still recovering.