Sriracha Honey Brussels Sprout Chips



WAIT! Don’t leave! I know I said Brussels sprouts, but please just give me a chance to explain.

I’m new to the Brussels party. For a long time I couldn’t get over the smell, the cabbagey taste, the hard texture. But now I know how to roast them, and they’re ok. They’re good even.

But based on Ben’s don’t-come-near-me-with-those aversion, I was about to write Brussels off as a lady food. They’re not for everyone, and that’s ok.

Then, while for my birthday diner, my mom and I ordered a side of crispy sriracha honey Brussels sprouts. And, whoa. Ben tasted them. Ben liked them. My brother tasted them. My brother asked for seconds. My brother finished them. My dad kindly left them to us. Brussels aren’t for everyone, you know.

This, I believe, is how Brussels are meant to be served—as individual, crispy, caramelized leaves. Like kale chips, with more substance and much more zing. No smell, no cabbage taste, no hard texture.

I’m thrilled this recipe hasn’t been banished to the lady food list. Now if I could only get Ben to eat Panang Curry, we’d really be in business.

Sriracha Honey Brussels Sprout Chips

Ingredients
Brussels sprouts
Sriracha
Honey
Olive oil
Salt & pepper

Directions
1. Trim the bottoms off the Brussels sprouts then cut them in half length wise. Peel off as many leaves as you can. I ended up getting to the tough core and tossed that part, but you could roast that part, too.
2. Toss the leaves in a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread them on a baking sheet and roast at 425 for 7 minutes.
3. While Brussels are roasting, combine sriracha and honey in a bowl. The ratio will depend on your tolerance for da spicy sauce. Keep in mind a light drizzle of the sriracha/honey sauce goes a long way on the Brussels so go easy.
4. Remove the Brussels from the oven and drizzle lightly with the sriracha honey sauce. Roast for another 3-4 minutes or until chips become crispy and caramelized.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025