Grown Up Root Beer Floats & Orange Creamsicles


I read somewhere that in Australia it’s common for a birthday celebrator not to be celebrated, but on their birthday to pay the celebration forward and honor family and friends who make their life great.

Last weekend I did a little both, being celebrated and celebrating.

My family celebrated me in the form of my mom’s mint brownies, birthday gifts and dinner out. I sort of celebrated them too—in the form of a House of Cards marathon, a lot of laughter over Jimmy Fallon’s lip syncing videos and making grown up orange creamsicle drinks.

Yes, ridiculously tasty orange creamsicles in a glass.

On my actual birthday, Ben and I had friends over and celebrated some more. I celebrated them—in the form of popcorn, shared mint brownies and grown up root beer floats—and celebrated myself a bit too with my first Settlers win of the year. Oooh yeah, check out all my cit-tays!

The grown up orange creamsicles and root beer floats are easy to make and taste like a celebration in a glass. The idea comes from a menu item at the Crooked Goose, but it’s quickly become a favorite at our apartment. Making them is easy. Here’s how:

Ice
1 parts whipped cream vodka (I know!)
3 parts pop—orange soda, grape soda, or root beer would work best

Stir, sip and celebrate.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025