Fall Frenzy

Ignore the crazy hair, enjoy the view behind.
This past weekend I spent some quality time with B, his parents and our bikes. We tackled (and schooled) the Zoo De Mack’s younger brother, a 30(ish) mile Fall Frenzy ride in northern Michigan. It was windy, there was rain (albeit only five minutes or so), and the hills had to have grown taller for our ride back—but it was great.

This was my first Fall Frenzy; the first Fall Frenzy for B and his parents, and their first ride over 25 miles. The four of us met in Harbor Springs for the weekend ride. And despite a cold and rainy forecast on Saturday morning, everyone was in sunny spirits. Well, sunny/nervous spirits.


B and his parents absolutely rocked this ride. Nothing about 30 miles is easy, especially when you have limited time to train and challenging weather; but it rarely seemed like an issue to my biking crew. Everyone’s spirits remained high, even those wicked climbs in the last seven miles.

I tracked the whole thing on my GPS watch, which I had fully charged the night before. Somewhere around mile 25 I started getting ‘battery low’ warnings. I highly recommend wearing out your GPS watch in one workout. It’s quite a good feeling.

So now, I’m spending quality time on the couch. B and I tackled the rainy car ride home, all our typical Sunday chores, and now are lounging—and it feels great.

Popular posts from this blog

The Waffles ChatGPT Taught Me to Make

Cooking Out My Kitchen

Halloween 2025